Strong Legal Guidance Through The Trust Administration Process
Are you the named successor trustee in a trust left by your loved one? Understandably, you may be struggling to cope with your loss and trying to manage your responsibilities at the same time. This is not an easy matter, nor one you should take lightly. At the Mullin Law Firm, we know what you are experiencing, and we can help.
Contact the Mullin Law Firm in Concord and Walnut Creek, California, at 925-852-6014 to speak with an experienced trust administration attorney. We understand the complex nature of carrying out your loved one’s final wishes.
Our Trust Management And Estate Administration Services
At the Mullin Law Firm, we believe that our role is to educate the trustee regarding the requirements of the California Probate Code.
If you were named the estate trustee, you may not know where to begin and what exactly is expected of you. Failure to take the appropriate steps could subject you to personal liability if challenged by the trust beneficiaries.
Our attorneys will assist you with every aspect of probate and administering the trust. We can help you with the following proceedings:
- Obtaining a taxpayer identification number from the IRS
- Setting up the trust administration account
- Identifying and managing assets
- Satisfying the appropriate debts and obligations
- Assisting you with the preparation of necessary accountings
- Negotiating and paying estate recovery liens
- Notifying beneficiaries and creditors
- Distributing funds to beneficiaries
- Ensuring that you comply with the record-keeping obligations
We will also make sure you are acting appropriately regarding your duties as trustee. Mistakes, such as borrowing from a trust or another breach of duty, can result in trust litigation and the possibility of personal liability.
Put A Strong Estate Attorney On Your Side
Our team will be by your side every step of the way, answering your questions and providing you with trusted legal guidance. To speak with a California estate administration attorney in a consultation, call the Mullin Law Firm at 925-852-6014 or contact us online.