Help With All Aspects Of Elder Care Law
Elder care law is a general term that covers the complete range of services the Mullin Law Firm offers to protect the rights and financial interests of senior citizens in the East Bay Area, including communities throughout Contra Costa County, Alameda County and Solano County, California.
For more than 35 years, families have turned to our firm to help protect estate assets from Medi-Cal long-term care costs and the Estate Recovery Lien. In addition, we provide counsel to ensure that your elderly loved one’s finances are not fraudulently used for personal gain by people entrusted with powers of attorney and access to bank accounts.
Contact us at 925-852-6014 to discuss your needs in any of the following areas of elder care law:
- Elder financial abuse
- Caregiver neglect and nursing home negligence and abuse
- Medi-Cal eligibility requirements and application for Medi-Cal services
- Medi-Cal planning for asset preservation and avoiding the Medi-Cal estate recovery lien
- Conservatorship of an incapacitated loved one
We Offer Estate Planning And Asset Preservation Services
It is never too late to put strategies in place to ensure that your family’s assets will not be lost to a Medi-Cal estate recovery lien. If your family does not have an asset preservation plan in place or your current plan needs updating, we offer a consultation to evaluate your needs.
We will show you legal options that can help you:
- Find alternatives to probate for transferring property to your designated loved one
- Establish a living trust to distribute estate assets and reduce taxes
- Update your will or trust to ensure that your final wishes do not result in probate litigation
- Write an advance health care directive to prevent emotional stress for your loved ones
- Plan for the high cost of Medi-Cal services
- Grant power of attorney to a loved one you trust to make decisions over your affairs
- Protect your estate or trust from illegitimate claims for inheritance